The Sect Music Vs Subsistenz EP Part 2 [TSMDIGI003]
Available from Monday 3rd June 2013 exclusively from Beatport: http://www.beatport.com/release/the-sect-music-vs-subsistenz-ep-part-2/1099893
The whole family descend on part 2 of our versus EP series with Subsistenz to bring you four fresh bangers, primed to destroy any dancefloor…
1. Machine Code – Red Unit
2. The Sect – Over The Edge
3. Current Value – T350
4. Current Value – Flip Step
To book any of the artists on this release, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what’s what:
1. MachineCode – Red Unit: We are huge fans of MachineCode’s work, so it shouldn’t come as any surprise that we snapped this monster up as soon as it was finished. Concocted from within the depths of their Nord G2, ‘Red Unit’ is an outright assault on the senses. Pummeling subs combine with twisted bass stabs and hypnotic synth work to create a relentless juggernaut of a track – thundering, techno-edged Drum & Bass at its finest.
2. The Sect – Over The Edge: It’s really hard to write a few lines of promotional text for your own tunes without sounding like idiots, so this time we haven’t bothered. Check out the clip, it’s new and we like it…
3. Current Value – T350: One of two tracks on this release from Mr. Value, who pulls no punches and drops some heavyweight bass with this utter stomper. Beginning with old skool pads and leading into a huge drop of crunching, steppy beats and twisted neuro bass, everything changes halfway through as we enter half speed territory (before building again and rolling the f*ck out). Stringently tested and approved by crowds at raves worldwide, T350 is a certified punisher – don’t sleep on this one…
4. Current Value – Flip Step: One of the undisputed masters of hard Drum & Bass returns to TSM with his trademark machine funk in full effect to provide us with two tracks for the EP, including this beast. As you’d expect from CV, clinical drums, heavy subs and subtle layers of techno rhythms are in evidence, keeping this track bubbling from start to finish – building, switching and basically battering everything in its path.
Art by Jeff Studio88 Creative
Original head/drone design by Norzeele http://norzeele.deviantart.com / www.norzeele.fr